A Day in the Life

Friday, August 05, 2005

My Recap of the Vacation

So I know Elia already wrote a long summary of our vacation, so I will just touch on a few things and give you guys my point of view.

Raquel got to my apartment on Thursday night and we were going to leave for San Diego the next morning. We sat and caught up a little bit while we ate chips and drank Boone's Farm (HAHA, I felt like I was in high school). The next morning, we left for San Diego around 8. We called Elia from Yuma and I told her that we had gotten so drunk the night before that we were bearly leaving Tucson and she started freaking out in typical Elia fashion before I told her we were just joking :) So Raquel and I stopped at Penny's Diner and ate giant cheeseburgers and drank milkshakes. Aw, do you guys remember going to dinner at Penny's? I started to get all nostalgic and started missing Yuma while we were there, so Raquel said we needed to leave.

So when we got to San Diego, yes, we did call Elia a skinny bitch but I do not feel bad about it because she is. So there. She got all health concious all of a sudden, so me and Raquel had to rag on her about it all weekend. So we went to the mall that afternoon to buy shoes before coming back home to change and go to Applebee's. Yes, Raquel and I were upset because we were surrounded by blonde guys in preppy sweaters and we felt that we should not have wasted our time getting ready. LOL. So we went back to Elia's and after her crack whore neighbor kicked us out of the pool, Raquel and I decided to try to get drunk and took all kinds of shots of tequila. It didn't work. Disappointment number 2 of the evening.

The beach on Saturday was fun. Elia actually managed to get red. Not tanned, but it was an improvement from deathly pale white. She got mad when Raquel and I were calling her powder and saying that she was the color of crack. HAHA. You know I love you, girl! I, on the other hand, threw a towel over myself because I try to avoid the sun at all costs because my friends used to call me Pocahontas in high school and I don't like to get dark. Not that I have anything against indians, Bert :) Saturday night was interesting, though. First of all, trying to get a cab from Old Town is difficult when no one knows where they want to go. Elia got mad at me and Raquel because we told her to go catch us a cab. But as we explained to her, it's her city, so she has to make all the arrangements. So the bar downtown did kind of suck because first of all, it was humid as all hell in San Diego and our hair was all frizzy and we were sticky and gross by the time we got there and once again the bar was full of blondes in preppy sweaters. I wish Yolanda and Chris would have stopped and talked to us, though. Maybe they knew a good place to go hang out.

Sea World on Sunday rocked. I am such a big kid when it comes to amusement parks, so I had a blast. Raquel and I rode Journey to Atlantis twice but Elia decided to wait for us the second time because she is a big chicken and only would ride it once. You guys have to see the picture, though. Elia looks like she's about to give birth. LOL. Before we left, as Elia has already said, she bought a stuffed dolphin named Diego. We were watching a movie when we got back and I was petting the dolphin's fin when Elia accused me of trying to molest him. So she pissed me off and I flung her dolphin across the room, where it landed in a bowl of popcorn that Raquel was eating. Raquel and I, of course, thought this was the most hilarious thing in the entire world so we laughed for an hour. Elia, on the other hand, was not as amused. LOL.

So the next day we went out to have lunch, then Raquel and I left. So that's pretty much it. We had the best time in San Diego, but it would have been so much more fun if all of you guys had been there too. I miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home