A Day in the Life

Monday, August 22, 2005

Phoenix is SO hot!!

People find it funny that I say I could never live in Phoenix because it is too hot, yet I lived in Yuma for a year. But I guess I lived in Yuma during a "mild" summer because it never got above 113. I spent the weekend in Phoenix and it felt like 130, believe me.

But other than the heat, I had a really good time. Raquel and I have decided that since we live so close now, we will visit each other at least once every few months, thus my visit to Phoenix. My sister and I got to Phoenix Saturday afternoon and hung out at Raquel's house for a while, before going to a minor league baseball game. Raquel has a friend that plays, so she is trying to learn about baseball, that's why she came to me, the expert :) So my sister and I spent the first part of the game explaining what was going on, then we all got bored and just sat there and talked. It's harder to watch a game when you don't know anyone who plays, so yes, even I got bored after a while. Later that night, we went out to a club in Scottsdale. I was kind of aprehensive at first because I pictured a bunch of rich people sitting around listening to music and drinking martinis, but it was actually really fun. Raquel, her cousin, and I all got really faded, so my sister had to drive our drunk butts around. As Bert would say, "Good times". On Sunday, Raquel's mom took us to the Olive Garden, then we went to watch "Red Eye". It was really good. It's not scary at all, it's suspenseful if anything. At the end of the movie, everyone in the theater stood up and cheered, so I guess they all thought it was pretty good. Then we went to another baseball game that night, but my sister and I only stayed for a few innings because we had to drive back to Tucson. So in keeping with our plan to hang out every few months, Raquel is going to Douglas with me at the end of September. Not like it's anything great or anything, because it is Douglas, but she wants to go visit my mom and my nana and tata.

As far as how things are going here in Tucson, they're going really good. I really like my job...eight to five, weekends and holidays off, no breaking news, waaaaay less stress. I can't see myself going back to news anytime soon, although my sister refuses to watch the news with me because I critique every newscast. I talk to Elia just about every other day, I talked to Vicki a few weeks ago and Javi called me for my birthday and sang to me (Aw, thanks Javi!). As for the rest of you...yay Manny! I'm so glad you finally posted. I miss you (Yeah Vicki, I said it, so there), Bert let us all know what you are up to more often, since you are the farthest away, and Stacey, congrats on the TD thing! You always call Elia but you never call me. Call me! That's all for now, talk to you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home